Can highly targeted, localized social media marketing boost SEO and provide business return? Yes! Yes it can!
Tell me if this story sounds familiar:
Your business has a lot of competition. You have a fantastic product or service, but you’re going up against significant marketing budgets and looking for help. You know that social media and SEO are two great avenues for your local marketing, but just not sure where to start or how much it will cost. Or maybe you’ve tried both before and didn’t get what you were hoping for.
You know you need to put time and energy into your social media and search engine marketing, but don’t know where to start. And, frankly, you don’t have the time or energy.
Can you relate to that? If so, you can definitely relate to Andy Gladstein of Elk Springs Resort Cabin Rentals:
“We operate in a fiercely competitive organic and local search market with premium PPC rates and competitors with significant marketing budgets. Knowing social media is part of a winning SEO strategy we needed a hands off solution to augment and take command of our social media efforts. There is a fine line between pouring SEO and Social Media dollars down the drain and obtaining tangible results.
When Andy came to us, we were more than confident our team could turn things around for him.
We set him up with our Google+ Booster package, creating a minimum of 20 unique pieces of targeted, high-quality content per month. We also worked to begin generating engagement and building a targeted following for their Google+ page.
The results speak for themselves:
Steady Demand delivered top 3 position results within 30 days while also creating high quality, well thought out and customer valuable content for our website and Social Media. Given Steady Demand’s performance, I’d prefer not to recommend their services to our competitors.”
Our results speak for themselves. Below you will find some of the highlighted stats from our local social + SEO marketing efforts.
SEO Ranking Reports
Elk Springs Resort needed to see results on some very specific keyword terms. Once our team got to work, here’s what we were able to accomplish:
First 45 Days
- Luxury cabin rentals Gatlinburg:
- Search: Went from 8th to 2nd
- Maps: Went from 4th to 2nd
This keyword saw a significant lift from our preliminary efforts. We continued to maintain these results after the initial bump.
After 90 Days
- Gatlinburg luxury cabin rentals
- Search: Went from 3rd to 2nd
- Maps: Maintained 3rd place
A slightly more difficult term to move the needle on, but just as important for our client. After 90 days, our efforts managed to keep this high-level visibility for the term.
Correlative Activity and Engagement via Social
Our experience has proven that if we can create an engaging brand presence on Google+, our clients are rewarded with a more favorable ranking in Google Search and Maps?
Why is this? Because with every piece of high-quality content, you’re communicating a number of things directly to Google:
- You are an active brand with high-quality, relevant content.
- You are relevant to a specific set of users, whom they’re also gathering data on.
- You are feeding them more, localized, fresh information, which is always a good thing.
So with that in mind, here’s a snapshot of our monthly stats which we believe allowed us to move the SEO needle in the right direction for Elk Springs Resort:
October 2016 Stats
- Posts: 21
- Comments: 35
- Shares: 7
- PlusOnes: 358
Total signals: 400 (19.05 per post)
- Top Collection followers: 307
- Total Plusoners: 529 (+59.17%)
- Total Followers: 311 (+60.13%)
- Clicks to website: 4,467
- Business searches: 11,911
- Category/product/service searches: 157,975
- Listing displayed in search: 149,000
- Listing shown in Maps: 22,200
- Clicks from Search/Maps: 6,590
- Directions requests: 1,060
- Phone calls from Search: 192
November 2016 Stats
- Posts: 21
- Comments: 46
- Shares: 20
- PlusOnes: 633
Total signals: 699 (33.29 per post)
- Top Collection followers: 462 (+50.49%)
- Total Plusoners: 525 (-0.76%)
- Total Followers: 470 (+33.83%)
- Clicks to website: 6,488
- Business searches: 15,577
- Category/product/service searches: 154,890
- Listing displayed in search: 134,000
- Listing shown in Maps: 87,200
- Clicks from Search/Maps: 5,890
- Directions requests: 1,100
- Phone calls from Search: 248
December 2016 Stats
- Posts: 23
- Comments: 50
- Shares: 26
- PlusOnes: 790
Total signals: 866 (37.65 per post)
- Top Collection followers: 669
- Total Plusoners: 739 (+28.96%)
- Total Followers: 627 (+25.04%)
- Clicks to website: 4,226
- Business searches: 7,940
- Category/product/service searches: 58,504
- Listing displayed in search: 84,200
- Listing shown in Maps: 19,200
- Clicks from Search/Maps: 4,300
- Directions requests: 1,090
- Phone calls from Search: 159
January 2016 Stats
- Posts: 23
- Comments: 51
- Shares: 33
- PlusOnes: 805
Total signals: 889 (38.65 per post)
- Top Collection followers: 882
- Total Plusoners: 1,147 (+35.57%)
- Total Followers: 827 (+24.18%)
- Clicks to website: 6,486
- Business searches: 14,706
- Category/product/service searches: 125,249
- Listing displayed in search: 130,000
- Listing shown in Maps: 21,600
- Clicks from Search/Maps: 5,340
- Directions requests: 1,260
- Phone calls from Search: 163
One last significant thing to note is that in December of 2016 there was a major fire in the local area that significantly affected the local tourism. Despite this, we were able to keep our clients results higher, year-over-year, than previous years when no such natural disasters had occurred.
This is a real win–to keep business growth up, even when disaster strikes.
We see it time and time again that a focused, intelligent, and highly targeted Google+ presence can yield significant local business results, unlike any other platform.
If you’d like to start getting these same results for your business, send us a message today!